Monday, May 16, 2011

Last Week of Maternity Leave

I am on my last week of maternity leave. I head back to my full time job next Tuesday after the Victoria Long Weekend. I can't believe how fast this year went!!! I will miss being away from my boy all day long but I am also looking forward to being around adults again.





Although I'm sure they will have to get use to my singing all the silly songs I have been singing every day to my boy!!! lol I think I now know every theme song from every show on the Treehouse Children's TV channel!!! LOL

Along with spending time with my boy this week, I still have a few more things I really want to finish before work next week. I did finish the two mug rugs I am sending off to my two friends in Turkey.



I finished the binding on them last night. Tonight Trevor and I will get the care package set up and I will mail it off tomorrow.

This morning I will be layering the Teddy Bear quilt. Mum will look after William this morning so I can baste the quilt without worrying about a little boy walking over a pinned down quilt or sitting on pins and needles lol. Tonight I might try to get a start on the quilting. I would love to have this quilt finished by the end of the month and give to my friend and her little boy.

I miss posting regularly to my blog as I have been doing the last few months, but I know I will again very soon! I haven't been able to post messages on my favourite blogs either lately.

Well I'm off to baste a quilt!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

1 comment:

Betty Lou said...

Leaving your little guy will be tough but I am sure you will find time to give him plenty of Mommy time and ssome time to quilt. Love your Teddy Bear quilt.